Thursday, March 12

Karma and Holi

Namaskar, dear friends!

How you fellas doing?

I’m doing pretty well myself, thanks... Had a great Holi as I played with color after almost 3 (maybe more) years. Abandoned the fun coz I hate the after-effects! For one, you need to scrub till your skin is sore, and plus, there is always a water shortage on Holi day, which is a holiday for one and all!! Everybody goes back to work the next day looking like a new species of the monkey family...

However, I’m looking as human as ever today, coz I had a wonderful oil massage before the masti, and so, despite a hell lot of color being smeared on me by friends and family (and naughty boys out for a chance!), I did not have to rub and cleanse beyond what I do every routine day. Thank heavens for that! And also for the plentiful water available for us to polish up.

Hey, water reminds me – wasn’t the rain yesterday nothing short of a miracle?!! I mean, whoever heard of a shower in March?!! The first monsoon usually strikes in June sometime... The seasons are going bonkers; I hope this doesn’t affect the mango harvest. Other crops and farmers must be suffering... God, what the **** are you upto?!! (Oh sorry, forgot it’s actually we humans who are screwing around with the environment. Not fair of me to expect you to set things right when we mess them up so lividly.)

I watched Outsourced on Star Movies last night. The actor still looks as silly and the actress as ugly as they last did. I also managed to watch the entire first episode of MTV Splitsvilla, where “Love is War”. Apparently the concept is that there are 9 young men and an equal number of dames, and now they’ve chosen a king and queen amongst themselves. It is this royal couple that needs to be impressed by the others, so that they escape the dumping zone and progress into the show. Makes a shitload of sense! I mean, if you’re already crowning someone “king” and “queen”, what’s the fun? Why give them all the power?!!

Let’s see what happens next. I’m sure there’s an intelligent, fore-sighted brain behind this. (There was a woman from Pune in this show as well – Swagata; she’s already booted out. Poor gal.) I wish I could’ve caught Roadies. The trailers show Palak back in the contest (dunno why, dunno how... I hate her!!) and looks like she did very well on the riding-the-crazy-bull task.

Hey I have a new high score on Snake Adventure mode – 8961... Yippee! The new game I began a few days ago is now presenting a score of 9957... I’m breaking my own records!!! Cheers!!

Silence the cheers... Karna is now dead, and everybody mourns the demise of the greatest warrior on earth. Arjuna kills him with the anjalika arrow when he is battling his sunken chariot wheel (as was destined), and Duryodhana is in pieces. Bheeshma tells him Karna’s true lineage, and Dury marvels at what a great friend Radheya was... Yet, when Kripa warns him that now when no exalted soldier breathes on the Kaurava camp; now that Bheeshma, Drona, Karna and Dussasana are sacrificed; Dury should try to make peace with the Pandavas, the latter refuses, saying - “The dying man doesn’t relish the bitter medicine that can cure him”... How exquisite! How true this is, not just about situations, but also for relationships...

Now starts the Shalya Parva (section 9) in the Mahabharata. This part is merely 35 pages long, where Duryodhana dies and the gory war finally ends.

I’m currently going through John Adair’s Effective Leadership and Management series at work : finished the books on decision making and motivation, and now on the leadership guide. We’re preparing for a first-time-manager program, and I’m anticipating a lot of work, learning and fun.

About the GMAT, I’m done with revising the Critical Reasoning and Sentence Construction parts in the official guide. Now doing Data Sufficiency (ughh... its SOO boring) and then Reading Comprehension (not fun either). Also checked out TOEFL info online. Am I overconfident when it comes to English, or is it really quite easy?

Remembered my inlingua days when I was going through the grammar review in the guide. Especially the time lines to explain tenses. Man, I love English... And if there’s something I love more, it’s teaching English!! The interactive way, of course...

Here’s some new pronunciations that I checked out recently, thought I’d share it with you... Like everything else :-)
- “Vowel” is not "vaa-wuhl" as I used to think; it’s “vouhl”, like “foul” (sounds ridiculous if you ask me!)
- “Paparazzi” is not “papa-raazi” like we all say it; it’s “pah-pah-raatzi”.
- “Potpourri” which I voiced just like it’s spelt, is “poohpoori”... Crazy, eh?! I thought my boss was mistaken when she said it that way, but turns out she was right and I was wrong!!

Enough for the day! See ya tomorrow... Gotta go to the dentist again today... Mammmmaaaa....

Take care
Lonely Princess

P.S : By the way, I've heard Karma and Holi starring Sushmita Sen and her ex-Randeep Hooda is a terrible movie, so save your money. Will let you know if there's anything good coming up... Chow!

5 comments:

Sibi said...

Hey good to hear that u played holi.Also very unbelievable that u were drenched in colours and coloured water..I played a bit too but was a nice dry thing..
Ya i still rember how ugly the outsourced girl looks.wat?palak is back on the show..I hate her..You l do better and better as each day passes.I know tat..So the long mahabharat is coming to an end ..Awesome..
Ya i remember d inlingua daz..
I once attended a class of ur's and tell u wat u know the nack of how to teach English.U use very less words and still all the students undrstnd wat u saying and they improve on it..Its a prvilege to learn English from u.. ur dentist is good so dnt worry at al..Have a good day...

Princess said...

Thanks. I guess some changes are welcome if life's to be happier and calmer...

Even though they may hurt in the near future - like goin to the doc... and trying to adjust widout people...

Appreciate your comments.

-Anuja

Unknown said...

Hi...
Playing holi is a rare thing to me as its not a tradition here.. hope i could join you guys in pune ..

yesterday i too saw outsourced.. wat you said is true.. i came to know new definitions of spiritual symbols which i am not sure its correct or not...

Its great to know that u love teaching english. I must say after reading ur blog my english is improving :D ..

Princess said...

@ Sharath - Where are you located? I believe Indian festivals are celebrated the world over, wherever you can find a few more from your community!!

Those stories in Outsourced are very much real :-) I came to know about the Shiva Lingam only after watching the movie... And then I had a lil trouble worshipping it when I went to the Shiva temple...

Good to know your English improving!! Keep practising!!

Cheers!
Anuja

Unknown said...

I am in Bangalore.. as a metropolitan city Holi is played here but not in all the places in south karnataka and Andhra Pradesh and tamilnadu ... now days its becoming common to see ppl play Holi but it was not the case before...

Anyhow next year I will play holi for sure :)

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...