Saturday, April 25

Quotable Quotes

Hey leddies and jentss ;-)

I was talking to myself the other day about how there are people from all over the world taking a peek at my blog, except for those from Australia and South America. And wonder of wonders, now my Feedjit tells me that internetters from there have visited my page, too! Cheerio!!

(That effectively leaves the northern part of North America and South America, Antarctica, South Africa, and quite a bit of Europe. Come one, come all!! This is the place to be, fellas!!)

Now that the business development bit is over (!!) leme start with the topic of the day... It's short and it's sweet... So lay abck and relax!!

Remember I told you I
went to Landmark the other day... But I didn’t tell you about the witty quotes and funny facts that they have on the Landmark carry bags. They’re pretty and they blue or green, and they make for a good 2 minute read!!

Here’s a few... Enjoy!

The bones of a pigeon weigh less than its feathers.
He who lends a book is an idiot. He who returns the book is more of an idiot – Arab proverb.
We know nothing about motivation; all we can do is write books about it – Peter Drucker.
In all his life, John Milton received 10 pounds as payment for Paradise Lost.
I was married by a judge, I should have asked for a jury.
43.3% statistics are made up on the spot!
The bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in an American court.
Charles Dickens used to touch everything three times for luck.
20% of books sold in Japan are comics.
Shakespeare has used 29000 different words in his plays.
The people of Iceland read more books per capita than any other people in the world.
Once during prohibition, I was forced to live on nothing but food and water.
Time wounds all heels.

And several by Groucho Marx :
I must say I find TV very educational. Every time somebody turns it on I go to the library and read a book.
Those are my principles. If you don’t like them, I have others.
I don’t care to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.

Quite a remarkable man, eh, Groucho?!

Get these bags for yourself! And while you're at it, get something to read as well... Of all the habits you’re planning to drop, let reading be the last!!

Take it easy!
Princess

No comments:

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...