Saturday, April 11

Yaari Dosti

What’s in your head... In your head...
Zombie, zombie, zombie...


(I’m smitten with the song Zombie by The Cranberries. Just like I was with Green Day a couple of months ago.)

Another song I’ve been gun-gunao-ing is this one...

Chhod de saari duniya kisi ke liye, ye munasib nahi aadmi ke liye,
Pyar se bhi zaroori kai kaam hai, Pyar sab kuch nahi zindagi ke liye...


The reason? Nothing... Just...

Met another long-lost friend the other day. Catching up on the past 12 years was a gigantic task, but it was simplified by the quick rapport we established. (Establish rapport – LOL. Reminds me of my Psycho experiments in coll!!)

(A certain someone has also brought to my notice that I’m using LOL a tad too often these days. Can’t help it. I find so many situations nowadays where I end up Laughing Out Loud... Touch wood!)

The friend I met had left our school after the 4th standard, and we were reunited by his girlfriend
who needed my help in her educational research. (Incidentally this girl was my immediate junior in Fergi, and we never set eyes on each other throughout those 5 years! Astonishing na?) We headed to Sweet Chariot Café off FC Road for our gupshup coz Hrushi insisted they wouldn’t kick us out, and we could sit and chat at leisure.

I’ve noticed Sweet Chariot in KP on North Main umpteen times, but somehow I never went there despite the cozy ambience. This branch next to the Canal Road is as big as the original, but parking on the road is a concern. They serve various snacks and beverages that are a good deal given the cost and the quantity. I enjoyed digging into my Fried Chicken Crumbs with wafers and ketchup (decently priced at Rs. 75) as the rest ordered burgers. The
cold coffee wasn’t worth the 45 bucks that we paid for it, but the Irish coffee was interesting at 35. (I recommend you head to Model Colony for the cold coffee; the Coffee Stop tthela next to Jain boarding serves a delectable drink for merely 12 rupees.)

My rating for the place (Sweet Chariot baba! Not Coffee Stop!) is... leme see... 7 on 10.
(Not more coz the service wasn’t too great. But whoever went there for that purpose anyway?!!)

Quite a few festive occasions lined up this week - Hanuman Jayanti 2 days ago and Good Friday yesterday. I didn’t have a holiday on either day, unfortunately, but I did manage to visit the temple and attend a party at my uncle’s. Twas wonderful to meet his gang after ages – Mr. and Mrs. Pawar, Abhyankar, Bapaye and Natu. Whatta fun gang! And at their age!! Awesome...

As drinks and starters did the rounds, the discussion hovered over politics (eeyuck!) and television. Two hot topics were the approaching elections and Rakhi Sawant’s new reality show where she will find a groom for herself and have her Swayamvar. I hear the show will be aired in June, and Rakhi will actually marry whoever wins the show. The promos are pathetically Rakhi-esque, where she enumerates her turn-ons and partner requirements, all in an extremely put-off, seductive and synthetically innocent tone.

It’s amazing how that daring woman who everybody scoffed at has actually earned a name for herself... I used to think (and still sometimes suspect) that all she does is fake and perfidious, with an aim to stun people and raise TRPs. However, at times I wonder whether she really is what she claims to be, and all that nautanki is really her true self... Quite possible, you see... There are all kindsa people in this world!

My office has become a habitable place now thanks to the curtains and inverter. Once the broadband arrives, I’ll be as pleased as punch. Right now what’s packing a punch into my otherwise lazy day at work are quizzes on FB (Facebook) and (Mindjolt) games on Orkut. Baaki toh same old schedule – a little bit of GMAT, lotsa cold stuff to guzzle, and the usual... Nothing to read though, since I finished the
Mahabharata. Will probably buy the long-awaited Twilight this weekend...

Happy weekend to you all!
-Princess

1 comment:

Sibi said...

So so so...U started liking rock na...See rock is not so bad or gros yaaar..I can understand the death matal stuff u won't like but soft and medium rock is cool..My main motto of listening to rock apart from the passion is that its a wonderful stress buster..Try it once:When you are really frustrated, jus listen to some rock music with loud volume..there screaming takes the stress away..Trust me..At least in my case its true..
Some of the songs that you can listen to:
Ozzy Ozbourne's-Dreamer & Mamma m coming home
Bon jovi's-Always

Have some patience and then you will really start to like Rockkkkkkk....
Njoy....

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...