Wednesday, September 9

Paddhna - Paddhaana

Hi!

I’m having a brilliant time with my Wipro Academy batch.

Oops, I haven’t told you about that…

When I joined Yellowbox, they primarily wanted me to train candidates for getting selected in BPOs like Mphasis. However, Wipro has begun recruiting large numbers, so we’re training folks that got rejected in the English grammar/pronunciation round. In the course of an intensive 2 week period, I am supposed to get the candidates to a hirable level of English communication skills.

A very challenging and stressful aim. Training for 2 hours needs incredible preparation and energy, so you can imagine what it must be like to train 12 college-going students and freshers for a solid 6+ hours a day…

But you know what I’m liking it. It’s fun when we all learn and laugh together. I have had several opportunities to criticize them and bring them to order, but finally what matters is that the batch is going well. I can see the students improving and a daunting target of 80% conversion could probably be a reality.

Amen.

The gang consists of 10 men and 2 women. Each has some peculiarity that is very endearing to me. I anyway get very attached and friendly with my students. So, when a bunch of us all of the same age get together, we’re like a house on fire.

There’s this one guy who is marvelous at acting, and he scared the wits outta us by banging on the desk while demonstrating a madman’s role. Then there’s this other fella who just can’t stop getting on everybody’s nerves… But I guess there are his types in every office and home… And these other 3 that completely worship me!! They're all so sweet and polite... So unlike men in general ;-) LOL

Then there are 2 like Amir Khan… The kinds that I find cute… Both of them are short (pity pity!) and don’t speak much. One of them doesn’t smile too often, but when he does, is he attractive or what! He said he was a good cook and he got chicken chilly for all of us the other day. (Unfortunately, I didn’t understand the taste… I thought chicken chilly was Chinese, his dish looked very Indian and masaledar.) The other, he’s from Meghalaya and so soft-spoken, that I have to tune my ears to catch even the slightest of mumbles in order to verify the accuracy of his grammar and accent.

The women, as always, are decent and sincere. They’re the ones that copy everything that is written or explained, and they are progressing mighty well. Of course, they have their almost-majnus in class, and it’s a sight when they start questioning each other about their personal experiences…

The funniest of them all is this man who has a deep baritone and speaks as if he's reporting some sansani khez khabar on one of Aaj Tak's sting operations! The moment he starts reading, we're all cackling away... As we do when the "mobile" guy (he's constantly moving; I guess he was born in a train akin Natrajan in Hum Hai Rahi Pyar Ke!) talks... He speaks faster than a speed of a Japanese train! Another crazy guy shrieks and cackles when he laughs and sets us all laughing... Ek ek namoone...

The cacophony they create when I give them a break!! Lord… It’s ear-splitting… But most of them have a terrific sense of humor so can’t blame them. I tend to have these fits too when we’re just chatting casually after class…

So, work’s going well, as you can very well make out ;-) What isn’t going as well as it should are my essays for the b-school application. I JUST CAN’T decide what to write in my essays to make them unique and impressive. How can you write an answer for “short and long term goals” that is different and more effective than the other applicants? Ditto for “Why do you want to do MBA?” and “Why do you want it now?” and “Why so-and-so particular school?” Hell guys, I want an MBA coz I want it, and I want it now coz I want it NOW. Why play the genius?

Not even sure who to approach top guide me in writing and editing my essays. I know of a few institutes in Pune and there are several online, but the latter are too expensive and the former – I’m not sure about their success rate… Guess I should go and ask… But I’m just too lazy… After 6 days at work for over 9 hours a day, can you blame me??

Kya kare kya na kare ye kaisi mushkil hai…
Koi toh bata de iska hall o mere bhai…


Boo hoo…

Class again tomorrow :-) We’re doing Tongue twisters…

Yippee!

Confused, aren’t I?

:-)

Love all,
Princess

1 comment:

ani_aset said...

hey anuja why waste all your hardwork, go ahead and give a good shot with essays na..seek help dont be lazy :)

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...