Saturday, September 26

Venkatesh Prabhu Govinda!!

Mum is planning to visit Tirupati next month. One of her relatives organizes Pravachans (religious dicsourses) every year at holy places, and this time the shrine in focus was Balaji's wealthy and popular abode. I hate it when she's away traveling. Makes me feel very lonely and stressed at home...

By the way, read this titbit of info in Mirror a while ago - the fantastic Tirupati laddoos (the prasadam that they distribute to all devotees who visit Lord Balaji) now have their own patent! Too good, na?

I love watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S or simply, Friends – the American sitcom that has been going on forever on Star World. (Did you know it was initially titled Insomnia CafĂ©? Or that it has 10 seasons and was nominated for 63 Primetime Emmy Awards? Here are
all the details)

So well, I turned on the television yesterday after I got home from work, and this scene was going on between Jennifer Aniston (Rachel) and David Schwimmer (Ross)… Rach is pregnant and she says that she doesn’t want to be with Ross herself but she doesn’t want him to date anyone else either. She knows its unreasonable, but that is what she wants… And Ross says yes…!!

Now ain’t that sweet?!! Love is an insane thing, indeed! Makes you ask for, expect and agree to the weirdest of things… I love Love man!

The scene between Rachel and Ross reinforces my belief that I am my best critic… and my best friend… I know myself in and out, and I’m honest enough to accept what my conclusions and feelings convey, both about myself and about others. I know I am immensely unreasonable, and that I expect the world from those I love, or those who say they love me. I need to be TOLD loud and clear that I am appreciated, needed, liked and loved. Hints are not enough.

And this doesn’t hold true just for my friends or family. It’s true for any person I feel close to. I chanced upon this insight when I realized that I was restless when another trainer was teaching my batch. I was constantly anxious about whether my students were finding her more interesting and effective than they found me. My turmoil was blazing until the trainer left the class and I entered. I saw the students pleading to me to continue training for the rest of the day, saying that the other trainer was not sufficiently helpful, cool and motivating...

You guessed it. I was all smiles. My peace and joy was restored. The other trainer continued guiding the students, but I did not mind anymore… I knew their loyalties lay with me… I’m so damned possessive, insecure and demanding that I appreciate all those who try to live with me and make me happy! I know I am good when I care for someone (and I am indeed very caring and protective), but life with me is not easy, fellas! Of course I am fair and logical, but my upfrontness could be fatal...

Hey, I forgot to tell ya that I visited a fun place with my students (the bunch of monkeys that comprise my Wipro Academy batch) the weekend before last. The hangout is called “The Garage” and while I had seen the hoarding several times, I’d never visited it before last Saturday. It’s located on the first floor of the complex bang opposite Fergusson College. The area is teeny, but it’s done up well. There are pictures of trucks on the walls, and even two mock-rickshaws where you can sit (if you’re going to bill 500 and above).

What’s special about this place, you say? Well, the crowd obviously is good given the cool locality, and the music is upbeat and modern, but they also serve hookah in various interesting flavors! Whooppee… So, now we needn’t go all the way to Mocha in Koregaon Park if we want to enjoy the sheesha…

I am not certain whether they serve any liquor, but I caught a fleeting glance at a gang that seemed to be swigging tequilas. (Well, you can always head down to Apache if they don’t!) There are some snacks on the menu (that we didn’t eat, so can’t give you any hint there) but the prices looked decent. The next time you want to unwind, go to The Garage and relax your anjar-panjar, naye-purane purze :-D

Diwali’s almost here, it’s Dassera on Monday. (Was just reading
my poem from last Diwali) Mum’s worrying about the spring cleaning coz there’s nobody to help her in her gigantic task of scrubbing the entire house; the rest of us in the family are all working full-time, besides we don’t have either her passion or energy to engage in this kind of work. Plus, the rains are unpredictable, so one can’t risk keeping stuff on the terrace…

So many worries, so li'l joy...
Oy hoy oy hoy hoy...


:-D

Happy Weekend!
Anuja

1 comment:

vishal said...

hey...
Its a vry honest confession..even i have the habit to ask my former students hws their new teacher..it's a disguised way to ask them if shes beeter than me..its human nature to be a bit insecure at times..the fear of not being loved as we used to be..the theory of relativity.kya karein we want to be loved and accepted by evry1 but can we satisfy everybody in life?where does our individuality stand and do we asset it..
guess in some ways we are quite alike in some respects..likewise im a sucker of human emotions but nowadays after being bitten,i have subsided a bit..kaash i could ahve been more selfish than unselfish i wld have done myself less selfinfliction..cya
time check bigb.bigadda.com
vishal

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...