Tuesday, October 6

Jao Naaa...

The rains are lashing the city and I'm wondering whether we are in the midst of the monsoons... It's already Diwali, man! Time to say "Jao Naaa" to the rainfall :-D

Very rarely do I come across a phenomenon that I cannot clearly categorize as good or bad, or anywhere in between. Looks like I’ve struck upon such an event - “What’s Your Rashee?” starring Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra.

I can't decide whether I liked the movie or not. I’d been very eager to see it right since the time it released 2 weeks ago, but my health and busy schedule (ahem!) didn’t permit it. When I finally caught the movie at E-square on Gandhi Jayanti, it was only after a long wait courtesy technical problems in Screen 1… The film was certainly lengthy, after all they had to show 12 different sun-signs. (Piggy Chops was hoping to enter the Guinness Book of World Records for being the first female actress to portray 12 characters in a single movie, don’t know what finally happened.)

Ashutosh Gowariker has tried to make an interesting foray into the romantic genre, but he did not succeed in recreating the magic of Lagaan and Swades. Harman Baweja looks like Hrithik Roshan throughout the 3 and half hour film, so I don’t think it would be fair to comment without comparison. He is almost as good a dancer and actor as Hrithik, but his luck sure isn’t as incredible.

Piggy has done a good job as usual… Her characters are very endearing and believable – be it the stupid Mesh-kanya or the Scorpio bimbette. I couldn’t control my tears when I saw Hansa aka Kark-kanya. The resemblance between her character and mine is truly astonishing. (I have a mail with all Priyanka's characters and descriptions; leave me a comment if you want me to send it to you. It's stunning…)

My most exhilarating moment was when I saw Chicago Booth in the movie - Hurman is an MBA student in the film. Apart from that, there are quite a few scenes that are memorable and sweet. Watch this at home if you want to, no stress about visiting the theatre. Besides, it will sure help to fast-forward the 13 songs… Quite a pain, if you ask me… (For those keen on knowing, Harman marries the Aquarius woman... I am not aware what his own Sunsign is though.)

I am now looking forward to the KJo venture, Wake Up Sid with Ranbir (whatta cutie!) and Konkona. The movie has already made ripples by mentioning Mumbai as “Bombay”… Nevertheless the promos look good, especially the title track – Kya Karoon. Wake up guys, go for this!! (I'm hoping Karan Johar's done a good job and this is not another Lakshya.)

The news on TV is that Khatron Ke Khiladi Level 2 is now over, and the winner is the lucky jodi of gross Anushka and adorable Gurmeet. I was betting my boots it would be Jesse, but her luck failed her. I was glad Carol got evicted. (She is so stupid and ugly, how come she works as a model? India mein kuch bhi ho sakta hai…) Bigg Boss has taken prime time status on Colors now. The channel is making certain that it doesn't lose its viewers!! Kudos for that!! Unfortunately though, the participants of season 3 seem quite sad - Poonam Dhillon and Ismail Darbar, Shamita Shetty and Raju Srivastav, Rakhi Sawant's super-ugly mum and a pregnant Sherlyn Chopra - whoever's interested?!!! I wonder if even Big B Amitabh will be able to draw in the audiences. How far can even the best of salesmen lug a dead goat??

I hear Rahul Mahajan is planning to have his Swayamvar publicly akin Rakhi Sawant... Jeez... Who do these people think they are? Especially after it came to light that Rakhi's was a scam... By the way, I managed to catch Pati Patni and Wo the other day, quite a stupid show. These reality shows really aren’t as exciting as they were at their inception…

Oh, did you know Mona Wasu won in Is Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao, she bested Chetan Hansraj in the final showdown. Well-deserved, girlie!! :-)

Time for technology... I’m super-surprised by Samsung Marine. Whatta phone man! You can drop it in water or on the ground, and it won't come to harm! The mobile boasts of a stylish design and long durability (apparently it is dust- and water-resistant), and can bear bumps, bangs, and scrapes. Provided with a shock-proof case, it is said that the cell can remain safely immersed in one meter of water for about half an hour. Besides, the product is designed to withstand extremely hot and cold temperatures. At 7 grand, this sure sounds awesome... Lets see how the market welcomes it…

By the way, it's Karva Chauth tomorrow, and there's a state shutdown on Oct 13 courtesy Maharashtra polls. I'm voting this time - finally got my voters card :-)

(Notwithstanding the fact that all the candidates are goondas...Shivajinagar constituency has 5 folks, one worse than the other. Check this - there's a GENTLEMAN who is 5th pass and has 5 criminal cases against him. Might have to opt for the 49-O.)

Cheerio fellas!
Princess

2 comments:

vishal said...

Hiya.Im nt gonna watch what's ur rashee..its too lenthy so..well,go n watch wake up sid..ull love it..guarantee given..so refreshing that it will take u done memory lane..?! college days,yaaar..People will connect with it,im sure..
Any feedback on big boss 3?!

Reema Sahay said...

I heard that "What's your Rashee" is a 4 hour-13 songs movie. Really! I'm not that big a fan of Priyanka Chopra, and Harman looks like Hrithik's duplicate. Ooops...that was really harsh! I also caught glimpse of first episode of Big Boss 3, it definitely is getting bigger and bigger but I'm totally NOT into reality TV

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...