Friday, March 19

And the reason is You...

She liked him. He liked her.

Was it love? A burnt child dreads the fire. Both of them did not want to know.

They looked lovely together.

Neither knew what would happen later, but they were content with being with each other for the present. The haze which loomed in the future did not eclipse their laughs and chemistry. Life was good.

Some relations only give joy, and others only sorrow.

She had had a lot of the latter, and it was only fair on destiny’s part to give her this gift of a delightful, beautiful relationship that promised joys, gratification and security.

They sat huddled next to each other on the sofa. A few common friends occupied the chairs in front of them.

She wrapped his arm around her waist. He looked at her and smiled. The tenderness in his eyes made her forget that she had ever been lonely.

He stroked her hair, he held her close. He could not bear her moving away from him to greet another friend. He felt so nice with her, so complete, so much at peace.

Onlookers glanced at the duo. Some visibly envied their intimacy, some wrinkled their nose in disgust as they secretly felt jealous. They looked so much at ease together. They had eyes and ears only for each other, and their hands did not part for one second.

Is love only manifest when two people decide to tie the knot? Is love only true when two individuals vow to live together for life?

What about those who stay united in their hearts despite the million miles and thousand traditions that separate them?

She sang along as the DJ belted out a favorite track. He gazed at her appreciatively.

She was so right for him. This woman, who understood him and bore no ill-will at heart, fulfilled all that he had ever desired. Sexy yet simple, jolly yet mature, naughty yet caring – she was a little more than perfect. What wouldn’t he do to have her forever?

The atmosphere was rocking. The music was terrific. She felt a little tipsy with the wine. She was content. Contented that there was a guy in this world who not just adored her and wanted to be with her, but could also manage to keep her happy. She seemed to be asking for too much by wanting this from her self-proclaimed “lovers”. This guy was sweet, this guy would have been just right for her if only…

He clutched her palm and asked if she was ok. She nodded. He asked if she wanted another drink in that case. They smiled.

Sometimes it took so little for life to be wonderful. A warm hug. An affectionate word. A drop of rain. The absence of pain.

Who knew where they might be a few years hence? They were together now, and that was fabulous enough…

-Princess

And a lovely song by Hoobastank…

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know...
I've found out a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is You...

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
Thats why i need you to hear...
I've found out a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is You...

Take care!

2 comments:

Parimaula said...

This is a lovely song..

This kind of love is special but life is sometimes happy sometimes sad...and very few couples (rare ones) understand this and are able to stay together by accepting each other..

But its nice to enjoy the good times completely..that is what matters...kal kya hoga kisko pata...abhi zindagi ka le lo mazaa :)

Parimal

Princess said...

Right said Pari!
Thanks for commenting :)

-Princess

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...